tracker

Sunday, July 8, 2007

I is for isolation

I just realized how isolated I am in my little world.
While checking my e-mail, and realized that I only get e-mail from someone who actually wants to talk to me, once in a while. Mostly I get silly forwards, junk mail, mailing list posts, and bills. Usually I handle it pretty well, except for when I let my self dwell on the fact that every Sunday my husband is pretty much guaranteed at least one conversational e-mail from one of his family members.
I have a cell phone, but pretty much the only time that I seem to get calls, is when my husband calls me, or occasionally I will get a call from a family member, but most of the time it is me that calls them.
I am a stay at home mom, and I get out maybe once a week to go to a play group with my kids, and then on Sundays I attend Church. Other than that I only get out to run errands. I need to push my self out and associate with people. I can blame no one but my self for my current isolation.
I was just wondering does anyone else feel so isolated with so much technology at their fingertips?

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey, Julie!
I've really enjoyed reading your blog entries. Reading your blog helps me feel less isolated because I know a little of what's going on in your world.

Even with all the available technology, it's practically impossible to talk or type while my kids are running around. By the time they're in bed, I have barely enough energy to brush my teeth before I crash. It's definitely a strange world stay-at-home moms live in!

Shannon said...

I think it's ironic that we live in a world with a thousand ways to communicate, and yet we don't really know people like we should, even our own family members! I Think with a little effort we could reverse that trend, at least in our own lives.