tracker

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

From the perspective of a 4 year old.

So Cinderella is now 4. Her birthday was on Saturday. Saturday morning she got up, and I wished her a happy birthday, then commented on what a big girl she was getting to be. She then had me stand up, stood beside me and said something about still only being as tall as my belly. Then she said, "I think I must still be 3."

Guy gave her a Disney's Cinderella doll for her birthday. She had not been playing with the doll for very long, before she became frustrated that the dolls shoes were constantly falling off. She then said to me, "these are cheap shoes." A while later she as frustrated about something else about the doll being "cheap", and told me she wanted a new princess because this one is "cheap".

At Church on Sunday Cinderella was given a little goody bag for her birthday. When I saw her after church she told me she had had a sucker that had "goo" in the middle. I assumed it was a tootsie roll pop, and let it go at that. A minute later she was telling another adult that she had goo in her mouth. I explained about the sucker, and someone told me that some of those suckers have gum in them. I still didn't expect that to be the case. But when she asked me a few minutes later when the goo was going to be gone, I realized it probably was gum. Something she had never had before. I asked her to open her mouth so I could see the goo. Sure enough it was gum. I told her that for that goo to go away she was going to need to spit it in the garbage. I told her it is something that is fun to chew for a little bit, but when we are done with it, we need to put it in the garbage, because it is really sticky and can stick to different things if we put it somewhere other than the garbage. Thankfully she accepted my telling her to throw it away and spit it in the garbage, when we found one.

We recently got some new family pictures taken. With the family picture we also got new single portrait shots of each of the kids, and one with them together. These are the pictures that are on my blog right now. I put the new pictures in the frame last night after the kids had gone to sleep. This morning Cinderella came out and noticed the new pictures. She made a comment about how she preferred the old ones, and I shouldn't have changed it. I then told her that these pictures show what we look like now. She then said, "no they don't. I was three in that dress. Now I am four."

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Yeah Julie, don't you get it? She was three in these pictures! Now she is four-you need a new picture. She says some of the cutest things

Adam & Brandi said...

Julie,

Thanks for sharing. Cinderella is very, very cute. She's four??? WOW!!! Kids sure do say some of the darndest things (like that show Cosby hosted).

Adam