tracker

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beep

Our alarm clock goes off to a CD every morning, and when you turn it off it makes a "beep". Ever since we moved Guy to a bed, he gets up every morning pretty close to when his Daddy does. I've wondered if he listens for the alarm. My question was answered.

Saturday night about 1:30, I was awakened to hear Guy's little footsteps running into our room. Then I heard a groan, and turned to see him climbing up on the bed right over Daddy. It was clear from the look on Daddy's face, that he had not heard the footsteps. Guy ended up in the middle of our bed. I picked him up, and felt that his face and hands were cold. I asked him if he was cold in his bed. He said "cold bed". So I put him in our bed for a few minutes to warm up. He laid down next to me, and stayed that way for about a minute. Then he sat up, and pointed to the alarm clock and said "beep."

I told him, "No, Guy it isn't time to get up yet." He then started to sing the ABC's in his Guy fashion. He doesn't say the actual letters, but you can tell what he is singing. He stopped right about where G should be and said "Beep, beep" pointing at the alarm clock. I thought that was so funny. He knew the alarm clock played music then said "beep" so he was singing a song and then stopping mid song, like the alarm clock does, and said "beep".

I told Daddy, that Guy was ready to get up, and what Guy had done. Daddy looked at the clock, and told Guy he needed to go back to bed. So he took him and put him in his bed, gave him his pacifier and blankets, and shut the door. Thankfully we didn't hear from him for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Hill said...

Thanks. I just love fun stories. Kids are a hoot and hollar, aren't they?

Adam & Brandi said...

That is so cute. He is such a smart little guy. How are you feeling?