tracker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Utah Trip: A Change In Plans

As it got closer to the time we were to leave for Utah, my world was full of many things. Part of which was getting ready to go. I had given myself a deadline for my sewing. I had the goal to get a skirt and top made for me, and a dress for Cinderella. I got the skirt mostly made for me, all except the hem, and I got Cinderella's dress done. I decided to forgo the top for me.

My mother was also busy sewing. She needed to make as authentic as possible pioneer outfits for those going on trek. That meant 2 dresses (or skirts and tops) 2 aprons, 2 sets of bloomers, and 2 bonnets each for her and my 2 sisters that were going on trek. I'm not sure if she had to sew anything for my dad or not. But even without sewing for him, that was a lot of sewing to do.

Then on the 13th of July I got a call, informing me that my mother had broken her right foot. She had been going down a set of stairs at my aunts house, and her foot turned under her. It broke the bone on the side of her foot. She was told it wouldn't be casted, but she needed to wear a walking boot, and stay off it as much as possible. They estimated it would take 6-8 weeks to heal. As you can guess this meant no trek for her. It also meant no sewing, or driving. Fortunately my mother had gotten some of her sewing done. She also decided to get my sisters by on the bare minimum. Since she would not be going on trek anymore she didn't need to do any more sewing for her self. So the only sewing that still needed to be done was an apron and a pair of bloomers. I told her to have the fabric cut out and I would do the sewing when I got there, in the days before trek. I would also need to hem my skirt, once I got there.

No comments: